Bestselling Children's Picture Books-
A delightful brightly illustrated story about belonging. Each ‘Perky The Pukeko’ story is designed to be read and enjoyed on its own or as part of the series.
A great New Zealand story. More
Little Mabel blew a bubble and it caused a lot of trouble! Such a lot of bubble trouble in a bibble-bobble way. For it broke away from Mabel as it bobbed across the table, Where it bobbled over Baby, and it wafted him away. Follow the hilarious efforts of the townsfolk as they chase the baby far across the town in an effort to get him down from the bubble safe and sound. More
A newly hatched caterpillar munches his way through all kinds of food in this story for the very young. "This very hungry caterpillar literally eats his way through the pages of the book--and right into your child's heart."--"Mother's Manual." "Gorgeously illustrated, brilliantly innovative."--"The New York Times Book Review." Full color.
Wonderful characters and wonderfully illustrated. 2005 Children's Book of the Year for Early Childhood. Ages 3+.
The story of Max, who is so naughty when he wears his wolf suit that he's sent to bed without any supper. In the night, a fantastic world of forests and seas appears in Max's bedroom, and he sails away to the land where the Wild Things are and becomes their king.
Featuring children's own words and heart-warming pictures, this is a little book which can be given by boys or girls to their mummy on mothers' day, or at any time! A lovely gift book at a pocket-friendly price, created by asking real children why they love their mummies and combining their words with illustrations of gorgeous baby animals.
The story of Koala Lou, a soft, round and lovable baby koala who strives to gain the affection of her mother by entering the gum-tree climbing event in the Bush Olympics.
For over 21 years 'Possum Magic' has captivated and enchanted children and adults. Mem Fox's lovable characters, little Hush and Grandma Poss, and Julie Vivas' exquisite illustrations weave a story of pure magic. Continuously in print since it was first published by Omnibus Books on 31 March 1983, Possum Magic has been embraced as a timeless Australian tale and as Australia's most-loved children's picture book. This brand-new edition was released in 2004 to celebrate the book's 21st birthday. Julie has retouched and recoloured her illustrations, so that the images are now truer to the original artwork than ever before. The book itself has been redesigned and completely reset.
- By Bob Graham
Inspired by one of the best-loved nursery rhymes of all, Bob Graham's sparkling new comedy brims over with warmth, wit and originality.We all know that Humpty Dumpty is an egg. But did you know he was born into the travelling circus? Or that he had a little sister, Dimity? Now, at last, her story can be told! As shy as her big brother is bold, Dimity prefers the shadows to the spotlight and never joins her performing family in the tent at showtime. But one fateful afternoon, Humpty - with time on his hands - climbs the factory wall at the edge of the circus ground, and slips. It is Dimity, not all the King's horses, nor all the King's men, who finds her voice - and her courage - and saves his life!
- 7. The Trouble with Dogs, Bob Graham ( Walker)
- Brought home from the rescue centre, Dave is small and sparky and gets all excited. To Kate, he's everything a pup should be. The trouble is, he sometimes gets too excited. He jumps uninvited onto guests' laps, runs down the middle of flowerbeds and chews holes in the tights of Kate's schoolfriends. "We need help!" Mum decides. But will the man from Pup Breakers really have the answers?
- 8. Clancy the Courageous Cow, Lachie Hume (Scholastic)
- Clancy is a Belted Galloway who was born without a belt. Every year the Belted Galloways lose to the bossy Herefords in the Cow Wrestling Contest. The winners get to graze on the best pasture. Can a beltless Belted Galloway do anything about their plight? Full color.
- 9. Are We There Yet? Lester, Alison (Penguin)
- Join Grace and her family on a year of adventure as they hit the road; camping, experiencing, and meeting all the people and places that make up Australia. Based on author Alison Lester's real life travels.
- 10.The Pocket Dogs Go on Holiday, Margaret Wild, Stephen Michael-King
- The little dogs, Biff and Buff, love riding in the pockets of Mr Pocket's very big coat. But while they are on holiday by the sea, something dreadful happens to the beloved coat. Will Biff and Buff ever be pocket dogs again? Age 4+.